Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals. Be organized able to follow recipes and tasks assigned. Ability to work through and accomplish tasks under stressful situations. Must contain the capacity to adapt to changing situations.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Season and cook food according to recipes.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food during service.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, etc.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Follow set pars for prepping food for service.
- Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
- Be able to lift over 50 pounds.